Massage – one of the oldest techniques of treatment, known to mankind. Maybe that's why many people believe, that this procedure is quite simple.
Nevertheless, we understand the enormous range of different procedures for short and succinct word, with different techniques and different degrees of exposure on fabric.
It is not necessary, probably, and talk about, that the choice of one or another variant of massage – this is one of the main tasks of the masseur. And in some cases, relatively simple enough, but the impact of having a high efficiency – soft tissue massage techniques.
What is soft tissue techniques?
This embodiment is the basis massage osteopathic effects on the body and consists of a gradual, "Layered" study of the soft tissues of the body. As part of the soft-tissue techniques the therapist acts first on the skin, then to the subcutaneous tissue, superficial and deep fascia, only then going to work with the muscles and ligaments.
Soft tissue techniques can be assigned as a specialist and independent procedure, and as one of the stages of preparation for a deeper impact: before specific correction (following, as, eg, articular and visceral therapy). Work with soft tissue is most often enough at:
- muscular dystonia;
- chronic back pain;
- scoliosis and other disorders of posture;
- and even protrusions and herniated discs.
What are the?
As we have mentioned above – This layering effect on soft tissue, each of which has its own density, and especially. That is why the soft-tissue massage involves few options, each of which allows you to get your effect on a specific area:
- razminanie – slight pressure on the tissue during slow movements and rhythmic. When kneading specialist works not only with the skin, as with subcutaneous and deep muscles working through them as along the muscle fibers, and across;
- extension – Appliances work with bundles, muscle attachments, and even the spine. When stretching is especially important to know the anatomy of a chiropractor treated area;
- rhythmic traction – actions, aimed at the liberation of the articular surfaces. It is also possible to improve nutrition of cartilage tissue;
- inhibition – slow and deep at a certain pressure zone with the same slow release of pressure. Technique gives excellent results with muscle spasm;
- vibration – rapid oscillatory motion, masseur which is used mainly when operating with cavities.
Soft tissue massage techniques allow to achieve excellent results. In fact, after the session takes place in muscle tone recovery, improving the elasticity of the fascia and joint function. It is not necessary however to forget, that as each treatment soft-tissue massage should be performed by specialist – a person with a deep knowledge of the anatomy of the musculoskeletal system and the physiology of his work.